Saturday, April 9, 2016

Little BBQ Steak Meatballs


Little BBQ Steak Meatballs

Well, I don't think I am going to win any food blogger photography awards for these photos, but this recipe is a tasty treat!


At a recent hotel stay (Embassy Suites), I had some tasty BBQ meatballs.  The hotel offers a Manager's Reception/Happy Hour with appetizers and drinks for free each evening.  One night they had little bite sized meatballs in BBQ sauce.  The meatballs were not drenched in sauce; there was just a nice coating of BBQ sauce on each meatball.  It got me to thinking how I could make these meatballs at home.  I thought my family would like them.

This morning after our walk down at the river, I whipped up these mini-meatballs in no time at all.  I did try one (or two) with a little drizzle of BBQ sauce and they are delicious.  When we want to have these for a meal today or tomorrow, I just plan to warm them up in a skillet with a little bit of BBQ sauce.  When I baked these today in the oven, the meatballs got nicely caramelized on the bottom.  They ended up tasting a bit like steak since is used steak seasoning in the meatballs.  To make these meatballs small and similar in size, I used my little scoop that looks like an ice cream scoop. Each meatball is right around 1 tablespoon in size (smaller than a walnut).  I got 29 meatballs out of one pound of ground hamburger.  I think these would be a great appetizer at a party.  I think we will have these as a meal with a salad.

Little BBQ Steak Meatballs

1 pound of ground beef (93 percent lean/7 percent fat)
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 to 3/4 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley (about 20 to 24 grinds McCormick Parsley Grinder)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.  Line baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (I used my hands to work all the ingredients together).
Shape the beef mixture into 28 to 30 meatballs (1 tablespoon in size).  Place on prepared baking sheet; leave space around the meatballs so they are not touching.  Bake in the preheated in oven for 12 minutes.  Serve with BBQ sauce if desired.

Enjoy!


No comments: