Sunday, December 28, 2014

Skinny Taste Blog: One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac


I don't think to read the blog called "Skinny Taste" that often, but when I do... I sort of kick myself. Everything on that blog looks so good; why don't I read that blog more often!?

When I saw the recipe for One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac, I knew I had to give it a try. I read of the list of ingredients to my husband and he liked the sounds of it, too. I did not make any big changes to the recipe. I looked for the gluten free pasta recommended in the recipe but couldn't find that particular brand. I opted for Barilla brand mini-bowtie pasta, which is one of our favorites. When we sat down to eat this meal, I grabbed some low fat sour cream and also some good and crunchy corn tortilla chips and put them on the table. We both agreed the addition of these two garnishes added a lot as far as taste and texture. I think shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, pickled jalaneno slices, and sliced black olives would also be good garnishes. If I would have had plain yogurt, I could have saved some calories using that in place of the sour cream.  

This dish reminds me of Hamburger Helper... but much healthier. I definitely need to keep an eye on the Skinny Taste blog for more great recipes like this.  Oh, by the way... do you like the looks of my NEW red dishes?! I really like them!

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE RECIPE (Click HERE).

No comments: