Sunday, May 11, 2014

Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Muffins

 
Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Muffins
 
Happy Mother's Day!  I made myself a little treat...



 
I keep buying bananas and letting them get over-ripe. Last week, I threw someway. Doh!
 
Today I whipped up some muffins to use up some ripe bananas and the muffins are tasty treats!  Seems like a lot of banana bread recipes call for three bananas but this recipe only calls for two bananas, so this recipe's a good alternative in case you just have two bananas.
 
 
I made just slight changes to the recipe.  I tossed in a big handful of chopped walnuts (a little over 1/2 cup) and some mini-chocolate chips (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup).  I tossed the chocolate chips and walnuts with a little flour before adding them to the batter. I've heard doing so keeps these ingredients from  dropping to the bottom of the muffins.  Seems like the trick worked.  The recipe also calls for dipping the baked muffins in melted butter and then cinnamon sugar but I skipped this part.  The recipe calls for baking the muffins at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.  I checked my muffins at 15 minutes and they were raw inside.  I baked them for about 18 minutes and they were done inside but really brown on the outside. Next time I'll bake my muffins at 350 for about 20 minutes. 
 
Breakfasts and/or snacks for the week!
Good stuff!


No comments: