Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Green Smoothie #1


An after picture of my "green smoothie"!  I must have been hungry!!!

I've been wanting to make a green smoothie for a really, REALLY long time.  I saw a "green smoothie chart" on Facebook the other day and looked at all the varieties.

When I was at the grocery store, I bought a small tub of organic spinach and some bananas.  I had some frozen mixed berries at home in the freezer. Today I made a green smoothie.  I tried it and it need a bit of sweetness to bring the flavors together. I added about a teaspoon of honey (from the bear shaped honey bottle because honey from bear shaped honey bottles TASTES much better... trust me, it's a scientifically proven fact).

Verdict... pretty darn good.  The seeds in the mixed berries is always a draw back but I am excited to try more green smoothies.  I think my tub of spinach should make a total of four smoothies.

Green Smoothie #1

1 very ripe banana
1 cup Simple Truth Organic baby spinach (1 to 1 1/4 ounces) from 5 ounce tub
1/2 cup water
1 cup (5 ounces) Simple Truth Organic Berry Medley (frozen) from 10 ounce bag
1 teaspoon honey

Blend like crazy in a blender, add a straw, slurp and enjoy!

Serves 1

My green smoothie was not "green" but I sure feel energized from starting my day with fruits and vegetables!

Here's the chart I found on Facebook. I am not sure to whom I should give credit?  Maybe you'll decide to give green smoothies a try?!

No comments: